Eunice The Unicorn Polymer Clay Charm
My girls love unicorns so I decided to show them how to make one of their own.
Body and Head
- Make a crescent shape for the body. Cut the legs apart with a piece of cardstock
- Shape an oval head
- Take an eye pin and stick into the body where the head will attach.
- Push the head all the way down so that a bit of the eye pin sticks out on the forehead. If needed you can use two eyepins to do this, one in the body and one through the head into the horn.
- Take a bit of black and make two eyes and press down on either side of the face.
Horns, Mane, and Tail
- Make short snakes of color and twist them together.
- For horn, twist 2 colors and then stick onto the protruding pin.
- For mane, align 4 colors together, and stick onto the head and then bend down on one side. Add an extra forelock if you want.
- For tail, twist 3 colors, and then round off the end. Stick on the back of the unicorn.
- Using a pin tool, mark two nostrils and the toes of the unicorn.
Baking / Finishing:
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
Attach to a project or have her as a standalone charm. She is a lot of fun and cute too!