With the 100+ degree temps here in Texas, sometimes the last thing I think about are Holiday Gifts. This year though rather than wait til the last minute, I am starting early! I decided to make a calendar of days for my parents and ILs. Hopefully they aren't reading this blog so they will be surprised when they get a present like this.
I started by gathering my supplies:
2. Birds with Cages Chipboard (love this set!)
3. Some Maya Road Crocheted Trims (I used both old and new ones)
5. Maya Mists (I used some of our new Grape Mist and Tangerine Maya Mist but I would encourage you to use whatever fave Maya Mist you like
6. New Maya Road Resin Flowers (in Cream) - arriving soon in stores
7. Maya Road Kraft Calendars - arriving soon in stores
8. Maya Road Cream Small Organza Roses ribbon - arriving soon in stores!
8. Glue, tape, Scissors and whatever papers you fancy!
Here is what the cover of the album looks like:
Each of these pages are so easy to complete (about 15 mins or less). You can see on this one, I created some beautiful grape roses by just misting my cream organza roses. The yellow flower is one I made of seam binding and Maya Mist in tangerine.
Again a simple page. I added a few simple embellishments to make the page pop. Here is a small sampling of the rest of the pages. For all the birds, I used some sticker tape I had to make covering them a 3 min process. After I put the tape on the birds, I cut the sticker tape around them and was done!
This calendar is a great way to use up your scraps - rubons, stickers and papers.
Again this is something you should be able to complete in 1-2 evenings. One tip about the photos, you can easy print 6 small photos on a 4 x 6 photo paper by using the picasa collage function if you use picasa to organize your prints - all with the push of a button. This will save you time and money as you end up with 6 - 1" photos you can use for a calendar like this. Just set the collage size at 4" x 6" page format.